Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Settling in... (Alli update 10-15-08)

I suppose one could say we're settling in...the hair washing yesterday went quite lovely (pretend you hear sarcasm in my voice). Really, it did go as well as could be expected. The fact that I was in tears didn't help her any. But once Alli's hair was all wet and stuck to her head, you could really get a good visual of the injury. So much bruising, and that whole right side of her head is larger than the left. But we perservered and made it out okay.

Alli kind of burned out around six last night. That was when the pain set in, so we medicated her and she went right off to sleep (after a little protesting) for the rest of the night.

Today went better. I sent everyone else back to school (thanks D for the transport!) in efforts to have a more settled morning. And it was. We tried to do quiet things today like coloring and she watched as I rearranged in order to fit Alli's bed in our room for a while.

My sweet E brought the girls home and Alli kept scaring us both as she was happy to see everyone and had a little burst of energy. It's 6 now, and she's starting to settle in Daddy's chair with a blanket. I expect she'll be out for the count any minute now.

We've watched the clock more closely today to not allow a lapse in meds, hoping this will help her pain. So far, it seems to have helped.

Thanks again for everyone's prayers, calls, emails, and fun things sent home with my girls. You all are so precious and we are so Blessed to be surrounded by such prayer warriors. Please continue to pray as we recover here at home. Now our challenge is keeping her from over doing it because the meds make her feel like doing more than she should.

I think I'm driving everyone nuts with my "watch out"s, "careful"s, "ooh baby"s, etc. I'm considering just wrapping the family in bubble wrap!

Love and Blessings to you all!

1 comment:

christi said...

So glad you are all home together! We continue to pray & thank God for His healing over Alli...
Julia missed you at school, but said Miss Cindy is nice too. :) She was especially excited to hear God answered her prayer to get Alli home to her mommy & daddy!!!
In His Love,
Christi A.

Custom Search