Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Alli update Wed 10-29

Sorry I'm posting so late tonight. It's been a busy day.
Alli has had another good day. She kept making this noise we didn't recognize and when my husband finally asked her what it was, she happily replied that it was a birdie (that's right mom, not some verbal twitch!)
As you can imagine, I study everything she does now. Trying to catch anything that might be out of kilter. Not trying to find something, but just being sure I don't miss anything. Even though things are improving, I am still very much exhausted. I'm staying up late trying to cram more hours in the day which many of you know is not out of the ordinary for me. But the kicker is that now I have trouble sleeping. I stare at Alli for awhile, and evidently at some point fall asleep, because later I usually wake up with a gasp (and sometimes it really hurts!) and race for water trying to catch my breath. I don't know if I'm having nightmares that I don't remember, or just what. My sweet hubby had a nightmare about Alli. When he told me about it, I actually felt sick on my stomach.
You see, even though Alli is getting better, the reality of what happened, and what almost happened is really starting to hit us. For everyone else it's returned to business as normal, but as well as we try, and even appear to be back in the swing of things, we very much are not. Our world has been shaken, but our foundation is firm.
Man marvels that our sweet baby survived, and even more that she shows no signs of brain damage. Hearing the stories of others and how other children (and adults) have been left, shutters my being. Realizing how my world almost changed forever, or how easily Alli may have never been the Alli we know again. Sometimes I just sit and watch her, teary eyed, marveling at how unworthy I am to be so Blessed to still have her. Isn't God amazing? How can He love me that much? I assure you I have not earned it. No one can. He loves us "just because". Hmm, I've heard my own children use that answer as well, and be completely content in "just because".
Isn't it awesome to have a Savior who loves us "just because". And that He loves us so much, He wasn't willing to live out in eternity without us. That He gave His very life, just so that we could be with Him in the end. And that He didn't stop there. But that the Holy Spirit is here, right here, for every moment until we get There. To know that each moment, each moment of our lives has gone before the Father before it's ever reached us and that He has it all worked out ahead of time, and He's there just waiting for us to give it to Him, and to Trust Him to take care of it. I am reminded that as He hung on the cross, He could see my little girl lying on that floor, and His Love for us held Him to that cross, so that she might know Him as her Lord and Savior...so that each of us may know...
He held my sweet baby in His arms when I couldn't. He protected her when I couldn't. He has brought her sweet comfort. And she is comforted by Him. Just ask her. She's told me every day since the accident. She tells you who Jesus is. Why? Because she's living proof of Christ in action.
Have a Blessed night all. He is who He says He is, and that's all we need. His Grace is Sufficient.

1 comment:

Totallyscrappy said...

HOW FIRM A FOUNDATION, YE SAINTS OF THE LORD


How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in His excellent word!
What more can He say than to you He hath said—
To you who for refuge to Jesus have fled?

“Fear not, I am with thee, oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God, and will still give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by My gracious, omnipotent hand.

“When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of sorrow shall not overflow;
For I will be with thee thy trouble to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.

“When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all-sufficient, shall be thy supply;
The flame shall not harm thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine.

“The soul that on Jesus doth lean for repose,
I will not, I will not, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake.”

Custom Search