Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Our first outing (Alli update 10-17-2008)

Tomorrow is our sweet E's birthday and her hubby was hard at work on the "husband of the year award". He planned a surprise party for her right after school today, and when he contacted me, I just couldn't resist getting in on the fun. So yesterday we baked a "spicy chocolate cake" (it's called that because of the cinnamon) and prepared Alli for her first outing today. This morning we strapped her helmet on, got a pillow & blanket to take in case she needed it, and piled in the truck to go surprise our sweet friend (who's also her teacher). I was going to call my mom to watch her, but Alli insisted that she take Mrs. E her "birfeeday cake". It was just the staff, so I gave in and took her & Bug with me.
Everything went well. Alli just sat quietly in my lap eating her cake & ice cream. We offered a brief moment with her K. It went a little better than last time, but they were still both apprehensive. That's okay though, it's a bit scary for them both.
I decided to go down to my room and set it up for next week while Alli sat and played in my room, E's room, back to my room...you get the idea. She started to get a little upset, so I figured we'd evidently reached enough stimulation and needed to go home. She sacked out before we ever got home and is now snuggled sweetly in her bed.
Bug was my hawk while we were at the school and followed after Alli like a mother hen. It was so sweet. She held her hand when she walked, and tried to explain the helmet & how to handle her to her friend. So precious.
So now to think about next week. I need to go back to work. I used up my one week vacation this week, so I need to head back to get paid. However, I don't think Alli's ready to be surrounded by that many people and activities yet. I really didn't want either of us to go back until she's had her follow up appt. If I get a sitter, I know I'll be worried about her all day, asking for bathroom breaks just so I can call her. I do miss school, but I'd miss Alli more. Just pray that I'd make the right decision about when to return to work and handling the financial realm that surrounds us at this time.

1 comment:

Totallyscrappy said...

I'm glad that recovery is happening. Please tell E that I hope she enjoyed her birthday. :)
I will be asking God to give you guidance and peace for the going-back-to-work-decision.
I miss you all.

Custom Search