Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Alli update Thur 10-23-08

I've had a little trouble with the site tonight, so I hope this gets out. I had a picture for you tongith, but am having trouble getting it to loaad.
It's just after midnight. Just wanted to let you know how good God has been today. Alli has been the same, but God has shown Himself to us in amazing ways today. It started when I got in my truck to run a few errands. Every song that came on the radio touched my Spirit and I must confess and say my hands were not at 10 & 2 because one was raised high praising the Lord for How Great He is. I've been blubbering so much today, I may have lost a few pounds! But anybody who knows me would probably now fear I might blow away with the next gust of wind :)
God used someone (who insists on remaining anonymous) to Bless my Spirit today with an extra special card. And then someone Blessed my Spirit again on a sheet of paper I get weekly from school. And then an extra special someone brought me to tears in the grocery store. God has been surrounding us constantly with His people. It seems that every word said to us in voice, or email, or card has been ordained directly by God. And it's not just me being sappy. God has made Himself known in a place many would think He had not been present. Too many people want to get angry with God, or blame God, or question God...But I have to say that from the very moment this horrible accident happened, I have seen God in the midst. He has been more real to me these 2 weeks, than ever before in my life. I have felt His arms hold me, and I have felt His Spirit wash over me.
Now as a baptist, I have a certain friend who tickled me when she said I had become a "baptist with revivalistic tendancies". But friend, I have had moments these 2 wks where I have been so filled by the Lord's prescence that I could not sit quietly. Peace has washed over me in a way that can only be explained by God when the ER nurse commanded my spirit to "rise up and Bless the Lord". As long as I live, I will never forget that moment, or that precious servant of God. My prayers have been cried aloud, and my hands have raised towards the heavens in humbled awe of His goodness.
His love is amazing. His name is worth praising. Jesus is the only perfect one. And I'm so glad I know that He lives, and I want the whole world to know who Jesus is.
This is a song from VBS that my precious baby has been walking around the house singing. How sweetly He sings through His children who are content just to know who He says He is. She needs no proof. Her life is proof for she herself has said, "Mommy, Jesus kept me safe. And Jesus will make me all the way better soon."
That's good enough for me. I'll have a cup of that Faith. By the way, for those of you who don't know, that is Alli's name. How fitting.

1 comment:

Totallyscrappy said...

As a Lutheran I thought all Baptists had "revivalist tendencies." :)
Tammy, you are a hoot and you always touch my spirit. It is exciting to see the Lord working in your life (and Alli's) on a daily basis.

Custom Search