Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Alli update 10-20-2008

Well, it turns out Alli's difficult weekend was well fueled. We went back to the doctor today and discovered she had some infection starting. So two more meds were added to what we were already administering, which brings us up to five. Alli's ran some fever today and her appetite has went down as well.
Her doctor is such a neat (though some might say cookey) guy and said he was going to write up an Rx, but that his best Rx would be prayer, and led us in prayer before leaving. How many doctors do you know that aren't in a fired up hurry to get out of the room, but instead want to be sure they minister to you, and join you before the Throne in prayer and supplication before the Lord. Awesome, huh?
You know, sometimes God just tickles me. Yesterday I was on the phone with my FL friend, and I was telling her how much an ER nurse the night of the accident meant to me. How she spoke directly to my Spirit in prayer. How I felt the Holy Spirit wash over me and create an unexplainable spirit of peace and strength as she spoke. God used her that night in a mighty way. I was telling my FL friend that I'd love to see all the people from that night again so I could thank them for what they allowed God to do through them and to update them on Alli now. Well this is where God tickles me. After going to the doctor and pharmacy today, we went by the store to pick up a few things before heading home. The store closest to where I was is closing and doesn't really have anything left, so we had to go to another store that was a little out of the way. As we walked through the door, lo and behold coming in the other door was the ER nurse. And to tickle me more, she said she had just been trying to find out how we were today. So I brought her up to speed on all that had happened since leaving ER, and she immediately took us to the side, placed her hands on Alli's head, and began to pray. Y'all, this lady is so awesome in prayer. I know that is a gift of the Spirit that has been placed within her. And I assure you, we will never forget the part she has played in this miracle life of our sweet baby.

2 comments:

Totallyscrappy said...

With a God willing to work out little things (like seeing the ER nurse) it is no wonder He can handle the big things (like healing your baby). :)
Did you go back to work?

christi said...

Wow - God is so awesome to answer even our smaller hearts desires. He is our amazing Father! I have no doubt it was a blessing for the nurse to see ya'll too!
In His Love,
Christi a.k.a Julia's mama :)

Custom Search