Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A brighter day (Alli update 10-28-08)


I just wanted to let you all know how amazing it is when you pray. Last night, Alli was sleeping soundly before midnight for the first time in weeks. Mind you, it was 11:30, but I was completely thrilled. Surprisingly, she was very sleepy this morning. We even got her ready for school in her sleep, and were already at school preparing for class when she finally came to. And believe it or not, she's actually taking a nap right now, something else she had given up since coming home from the hospital.

Also in praise, I'd like to tell you that the "spell" we had yesterday did not happen when we got home today. I am interested to see how she'll be when she awakens from her nap...

It's been so great seeing everyone at school again. I actually had one parent squeal at me today. It makes you feel so honored to know that the parents of your students miss you and appreciate you. And even my students today kept hugging me and telling me they loved me. My students are so precious. And the school staff I work with is amazing. They all hold such a dear place in my heart (yes even you guys who left us this year!). I really love the people I work with and the families I am able to work with and hopefully minister to. I want so much to share with folks just how real Jesus has been to me and my family these past weeks. I've walked with the Lord for many years, but it's been during this time when I have been so broken that He has had to carry me, that I've felt the most loved. Mainly because He didn't have to carry me- He chose to.

No comments:

Custom Search