Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

On this the Lord's Day (Alli update 10-12-08)

Alli had a hard night. There was an episode where they were trying to make her walk which ended in an hour's worth of crying and head pain afterwards. She did not rest well last night. We were walking the halls at 2:30 this morning and finally settled her by the fish tank. The surgeons came by and let us know she could not go home today because there was still some ground to cover with eating, mobility, etc. to be sure we'd be okay at home.
This morning about the time you all were getting settled in at church, God heard the prayers you all lifted up in your churches from NY to FL and began an amazing work in Alli. She sat up in the bed, asked for Bug, then said we needed to get to church (I had not even told her it was Sunday yet). She then let us know she was hungry (praise the Lord!). This was followed by the words we had been waiting to hear since Thur.- I love you! Yes! Yes! Her speech was returning!
Well folks, that was the beginning of a beautiful Lord's day. Alli has literally tallked our ears off all day long. I almost worried that her play button was stuck!
The nurses (quick plug for Charmain who sat by her bedside talking with us last night whose granddaughter walked this same road)arranged for Alli to have our traditional Sunday morning breakfast- grits (although we were missing Daddy's biscuits). Alli ate so well and has kept everything down. This has been our first full day without vomitting. We've walked around our floor a little and she even played a computer game in the children's room here.
Since Thur, the longest she had been awake was 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. Today she's been up since church time and is still up, in my my lap singing VBS songs (no nap).
So as you can see, today has been nothing short of God's Grace abounding on one of His children.
We hope to go home tomorrow to finish recovery. She'll have to wear a helmet if we're outside or on concrete floors for a little while, and the head pain is expected to last for a while too as her fractures begin to heal. They'll continue to follow up with her until they're sure the fractures are healing in the right direction.
Socially, we'll have some baby steps to take as she introverts whenever it's anyone other than me & her Daddy. The drs have asked us to only have a few people around her at a time for very short visits because she could regress if over stimulated. He's also asked that we avoid anything that could raise her blood pressure until her follow up. This may get interesting if she continues with this energy spurt she's had today.
Please pray for us that we'd do everything right when we go home and not sustain any further injury. Also please pray for God's providence as it looks like I'll be out of work for a while. Pray for my students as they adjust to their sub and pray blessings for my sub (thank you C!) as she takes the reigns for a while.
Continue to remember my 3 older girls while we're away. They have truly been heroes in this situation. I am so blessed.
Also, one last prayer request. My husband and I have been talking about how hard it's going to be going back into the ginhouse and picking back up our work to finish the house without being haunted by those images and living in fear of someone getting hurt again. This will especially be a real struggle for me. As much love as I have for that house and the precious memories created up until Thur., right now I don't even want to see it.
Pray for Joshua and I to have strength to walk forward and grace to go as slow as Alli needs without frustration.
I love you guys! We'll update again tomorrow.
P.S. At supper Alli wanted to pray for Nanny. How precious is that for her to think of others during her pain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for your family! I have been waiting all day to read Alli's update! God is so good and he will provide for us in everyway that we need him to! Praise God that she is improving!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do!!
Your sister in Christ
Susan Sellars
Kenadie's MOM

Totallyscrappy said...

Thanks for such a wonderful update!
It is awesome to see God at work.

Custom Search