Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

On and off's (Alli update 10-21-2008)

Today has been all about "on and offs". One minute she's clingy. The next she doesn't want me. One minute she hurting her sisters' feelings, the next she's over-loving them. She's "starving", and then she doesn't touch it, but if you put it up, "Hey I want my food!"
So you see today is all about indecisiveness. They told us it would be this way, but wow. Alli didn't sleep well last night. Actually, scratch that. I didn't sleep well last night. Alli coughed all through the night, and though it didn't seem to disturb her any, I was constantly up checking on her because it sounded awful.
Right now we're trying to get everyone in the bed and it is not going well. I think everyone but EG has been called down. And I am so tired, it's hard to be pleasant about it at this point. That whole "redirect behavior" thing becomes malarkey at this time of night. There's no way to say nicely, "Get in your bed, stay in your bed, and don't get up unless something is really, really wrong." 2 Seconds later, they'll send in Bug and it will definitely be something really, really, important like the latest discovery of adjusting their Energizer Head Lights to see the value of the latest thing dropped down the vent. Or like the serenade I'm currently receiving of the theme song from the Heffalump movie.
Since I'm so ornery, I think I'll go to bed myself. But I leave with a thought to linger on today. No matter how hard this curve in the path might be for us right now, we are truly Blessed because we do not walk this journey alone.
Love you guys!

No comments:

Custom Search