Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Alli update Sun. 10-26-2008

Believe it or not, I did not even look at a computer yesterday. Well, technically I did peak over hubby's shoulder once looking at a range hood for the ginhouse. But I didn't inhale!
So this isn't really my Sunday update, more my Saturday.
Alli had a very good Saturday. She went back into the ginhouse for the first time and did quite well. She went right on in, down the hall to her new room, and right into playing. The only issue was getting her to keep her helmet on. Speech and walking still are off, but anyone who doesn't know her well probably wouldn't know that's not her norm. The coughing is getting better. Bedtime still wound up at 1 am though. I wonder if the meds are affecting her sleep? She's went back to sleep now ( it's lunch time), and that's out of the ordinary for her.
I, on the other hand, had to go through a process in getting back into the groove at the ginhouse. I went in, stood where we found her, looked up, went upstairs, walked around thinking through the events of the night, went over to the balcony, stood there looking down for a few moments, cried, and made my way back down the stairs. My husband looked at me and said, "What in the world are you doing?" He must have thought I was nuts. My reply was, "I'm going through a process. I had to do this before I could return to business as usual. I'll be okay in a minute." But I wasn't. Every song on the radio made me cry for reminders of that night, or what we've been going through, or how God has held us. Everything I saw her do made me cry tears of hapiness that she could do them again. I kept finding myself crying at the least little thing. I finally told my hubby I was sorry, but my emotions were on my sleeve. His great idea was to rough-house with me and "put them back inside where they belong". He's so funny and sweet (you know, in that drives you so nuts you have to laugh sort of way).
This morning we tried to go back to church for the first time. It was unsuccessful. It really took a long time getting ready, and then once we were all ready, I realized I hadn't medicated Alli yet this morning. By that time worship service had already started. Fortunately, our church has a radio broadcast, so we loaded up anyway, and went for a drive while listening to the service.
We're supposed to try school tomorrow. Now I'm trying to figure out just how early we're going to need to start getting ready to make it there successfully...you should probably pray now about that one!
Thanks again for everyone's prayers and well wishes. Here's praying that Allicat has another good day today!

No comments:

Custom Search