Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Monday, October 27, 2008

First day of school, again. (Alli update 10-27-08)

Good Monday to you! Well, today was our first day back at school. Things seemed to go well. Alli had someone shadow her to keep her from injury, of course we had her helmet on, and the fact that she has a teacher she loves (our sweet E) I think was very helpful.
But when we returned home, things headed south in a hurry. I had just sat Alli on the couch when she began screaming and thrashing about. She kept yelling, "stop it, stop it!" though no one was bothering her. It took a while to settle her but when she did, I asked her, "What, what was that? What is the matter?" Her response was that her K (her best buddy) was yelling and that sister #2 was pushing her. I told Alli that K wasn't there and that R wasn't even in the room. She then wanted to know where Daddy was. I told her, at work. She responds, "Is Daddy with Uncle J?" No Alli, Daddy is at work. "I wish Daddy would stop by and visit us." What? Honey, Daddy lives here, he's just at work right now. You know that. Then she had a funny look. I said, "Alli, do you hurt?" She said her chest hurt. Then she said, "I'm gonna frow up." We of course begin to scurry about trying to get her up to the bathroom. She kind of flops around, not being too compliant, and then lays in my lap and begins to draw on a sheet of paper quietly. Then nothing. It was over. She was fine. Me? Not so fine. What just happened to my baby?
I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. I felt so dumb. I didn't know if I should call the doctor. Would they even be able to tell me anything since she wasn't doing it now? Was this the over stimulation? I don't know. In a nut shell, we don't know. Since she's acting fine now, we decided to go back to school again tomorrow and see if it happens again. If it does, we're going back to the doctor.
On another note, her speech troubles and walking thing aren't constant now. They kind of come and go. I guess that's improvement.
Going back to school today, I had the opportunity for short little mini talks with several people. If I seem in a hurry when you try to talk to me, I'm just either about to cry or distracted by something I'm needing to do in care for Alli. I promise I do want to talk and love on you! But this time is still hard for me right now. Everything makes me cry.
I did learn that many people have felt touched and witnessed to by these updates. I think that is so cool. I had no idea that would be the case. My whole goal was just to get as many people praying as I could, and I wanted you to know my heart so you would know what God has been doing in and through us during this storm in our lives. Praise God that His Name is being manifest, and Holy is being cried to His Name for the great things He hath done. To Dr. K, I think this truly has been a pruning time for us. And we commit to remain in Him, trusting that we will bear His fruit in season, for without Him, we can do nothing.
What's sweet Alli's tune today? "My Savior, He can move a mountain. My God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save. Forever, author of salvation. He rose and conquered the grave, yes Jesus conquered the grave...Shine a light and let the whole world see... "
She is such a walking testimony. To have the Faith of a child...

No comments:

Custom Search