Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A day's end (alli update #2 10-18-08)

Well, sadly today was not a great day after all. Alli just was not herself today. She was very fussy and irritable all day. She hit, she pushed, she whined, she changed her mind a million times, and she even made her oldest sister cry. And Alli's usually the one making everyone love her. This was so not her. The neurologist had told us to expect times like this as she recovers. He said he's even had precious children from christian homes curse like a sailor after this type of head injury. So I guess we should be thankful it's not worse. Grammy cooked supper, so we strapped on Alli's helmet and headed over. (Her Daddy thinks she looks so cute in it! I agree.)

She was very clingy to me, kept covering her eyes, and asking me to take her away from the others. Then she would play with her daddy with her helmet and even gave Papa a kiss. Then she also repeatedly told me she was scared. (This is a brief example of the indecisiveness I mentioned.)
She's sounding more chugged up today too. I think the rib is bothering her. A doctor friend of ours says the chugged up sound is normal with a fractured rib and not to worry unless she runs fever. So that's good, except that later I started thinking that we might not know she's running fever because of the meds controlling her pain.
So when we came home I decided we needed to really quiet things and try to make things as calm as possible. I bathed her and washed her hair in lavender baby bath (they promise it's calming). I got her favorite movie out (an old VHS of Cinderella from when I was little. The tracking is horrible now but she doesn't seem to mind). I fetched a soft pillow and silky blanket and tucked her in to Daddy's chair for the movie. She was out before you could say, "Bippity Boppity Boo". Maybe a good night's rest will produce a better day tomorrow.
Continue to pray. Love and Blessings to you!

No comments:

Custom Search