Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

1 week (Alli update 10-16-2008)

Well, it's been one week today since the accident. Life feels a lot different than it did a week ago...
Alli had a good day today, although she sounds a little chugged up. She'a on allergy medicine right now because they don' t want her to sneeze or blow her nose because of the pressure it would cause in her head. So I'm a little puzzled about the coughing and throat clearing today. I hope there's nothing going on with that fractured rib. She has complained of her side some.
We have noticed Alli's stuttering a bit, which she didn't do before. She also keeps talking about things that haven't happened and is so insistent that it did. She's also been talking about things from the summer like they happened a few minutes ago. Bless her, she loves to talk (I can't imagine where she gets that from!)
She misses school, and her "K". She's asked me to take her and when I said we can't go to school until the dr. says it's okay, she asked me to go run outside with her. Bless her, it's not easy for her to take it easy. If you know Alli, you can imagine what it's like trying to keep her settled all day. With the meds in her, she feels like doing more than she really should at this point.
So here's to making it through week one! A lot of prayers went in to getting us this far. And I sincerely thank you all for all you have done through prayer and supplication before the Lord. Thank you for loving our family and thank you for loving on us during this time. Keep praying us through recovery, and hopefully we'll be able to visit with some of you soon.
2 Samuel 22:7 "In my distress I called upon the Lord, Yes I cried to my God; And from His temple He heard my voice, And my cry for help came into His ears."
For I have seen the Hand of the Lord move upon His people in a Mighty way. And I will forever Glorify His Name for the things He hath done. People want to ask why...why? This accident caused people from NY to FL to humbly come before His Throne in one accord, and today we in one accord Rejoice in His Name for the showers of Blessings He has poured upon this precious little one in saving her life. God received Glory. That's enough reason for me...This is my story...

No comments:

Custom Search