Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Fond Fridays

Yes, Fond Fridays.

One of my sweeties is a part of weekly blog fun like Try It Tuesdays, Works for me Wed, and (something I can't remember) Thursdays. Well, now I'm all inspired, forgive the swelled head.
Today marks our first Fond Fridays. I'm a teacher, and there's always something said along the way each week that really ingraves itself in my brain. So Fond Fridays are all about recalling those blooper moments that are forever ingraved on your brain. What's yours?
Before I begin, we'll notice our Fond Fridays pic, used without permission (haha. hey, my camera, my picture.) You'll notice the blunder if you're from the South. Despite the Lutheran influence that was amongst us, we were NOT at a bar. Someone please remember this so that when I'm gone and our grandchildren find this picture, my reputation won't be mared. And if it is, blame my lutheran friend! (You know I love you and have to give you grief!)
But anyway, on to Fond Fridays. Recalling those moments forever ingraved in your brain- funny, sad, happy, joyous, or just odd- but for one reason or another, forever ingraved.
My sweet friend who I now teach beside is great for me. We both love your one liners. Here's a fine true example from just a few weeks ago. "Welcome to The Rock." More must follow. "Here at The Rock, we only have 3 rules. Rule #1, obey all rules!" Now for those of you (who I'll pray for for missing this joy) who aren't Andy Griffith Show fans...this was a hilarious episode where Barney was head swelled because he had actual prisoners. So anywho (and yes I know I say who instead of how), it was one of those moments where it came into conversation. E started it. Really. But I did join in and together I think we did the rest of that scene! We're bursting into laughter and look over to find the other teachers looking on in bewilderment. Poor things. How sad to not know the real Barney.
One moment I recall in particular was the first few days of school and the kids were a bit rowdy, for lack of a better word. I let in on the whistle around my neck. I love my whistle. Everyone stops and stares as I call out, "Guys, guys! We are tooooo loud. Drop the decibles a bit." And then there was the ingraving moment. This sweet little hand slips up in the air quite calmly. "Yes dear, what is it?" Sweet little voice, "Mrs. Teacher, I'm a girl."

And just when you think you've heard all the lingo...#4 puts her hand up to her mouth and giggled into her hand. "What's so funny?" I asked. #4's response? "My hiney burped!"
So there's some of my most ingraved moments for Fond Fridays. And there'll be lots more. Come on over with your comments as we explore my ingravings, if you dare...

1 comment:

Totallyscrappy said...

Oh, my goodness! I can't believe that we were at Shealy's BAR! LOL!
Wait a minute... your husband TOOK the photo... I'm just sayin'...

Custom Search