Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Update on Alli

Sorry we haven't updated in a few days, but no news has been good news. Alli made it almost one full week without a seizure, but yesterday afternoon had another episode after a very busy day at school. I was fortunate to get to converse directly with the pediatric neurologist today about Alli and her testing. No "classic" seizures were picked up, but an interesting episode of pain that turned violent followed by the classic seizure stares and sleep. At this point they're thinking that Alli's episodes may be induced by a sudden onset of pain from her head injury. The good news is, no seizure meds nor expected long term condition. The bad news is, the only treatment really is pain meds but you don't know to give until the episode starts, and by the time the meds hit her system good, the episode is over. So basically, she'll just have to suffer with them until her head heals at which point we pray they will have stopped. Because her skull fractures have shown no signs of healing yet, another CT scan will be done in Dec. There's still a chance that if they don't heal towards each other, some intervention could be required. They say she's on a "see-saw" age of wanting to do surgery or it being able to heal on it's own. The big factor is whether the fractures will heal towards each other or continue to separate.
To encourage us all though, most of the time, you see the same ole sweet Alli. Unfortunately for us though, there have been times of hitting, biting, screaming, downright defiance, and of course the episodes we've been talking about. None of this was normal behavior of Alli before and is assumed to all be stemming from head pain and "not normal" feelings and signals her body is currently giving her.
Well Happy Thanksgiving to all you, especially my Nashville'd nephew!
My daughter #2 was instrumental in starting a family tradition where we pass around the fall-adorned Thanksgiving spoon just before meal prayer and each vocalize what we're thankful for this year. Mine may be a little long this year...
I could not be more thankful than I am this particular Thanksgiving. God has been so gracious to us through this new path for us. Thank you Lord for seeing fit to spare my little one's life.
I'm especially thankful to my LE folks who have loved on me constantly. You guys are so precious and dear to us and I can't begin to express my gratitude for what you did this past weekend. You guys are awesome. I love you, and really do consider you part of my family.
To my J in Fl, we still love you, still miss you, and still pray for you often (Bug wouldn't dare let us forget!) I am so thankful for your friendship!
To my sweet friend E, you and your family are an answer to many prayers for our family. Our friendship bloomed in a time where I really needed a friend, and it was just perks that you had girls and a ministry minded husband to compliment my own herd. We are so blessed by your friendship and hope to be old folks sitting around the card table with you one day!
To my family, friends, & people who just tolerate me...I can't say thank you to God enough for the honor to be in your lives. You each have touched my heart in countless ways, many I have named here over the past month. I have prayer warriors, crying partners, laughing buddies, old faithfuls, new made friends for life and encouraging words all around me. You guys are all such a blessing to me, really.
So truly, a Blessed Thanksgiving to you all, and I pray that one day I'll be able to be a part of heaping Blessings upon you for all you have done for us during this time. God Bless, Jesus lead, and Holy Spirit whisper. I'll talk with you all again after I've reached my limit on mom's dressing and gravy!

3 comments:

Totallyscrappy said...

You 'bout made me cry!! I am so thankful that God has allowed our paths to cross! May He continue to bless your family. :)
Hug on that Bug...

Anonymous said...

I have been keeping up with you and your family from almost the beginng of Alli's accident through the blog page. I just want you to know that I have been praying for you all. I make sure that Hayden (my little one) hears Alli's name in his bed time prayers everynight. Your faith has been and continues to be so inspiring to me and it really touches my heart and soul of the incredible amount of faith you continue to have and show.
Lord, thank you so much for this wonderful family, may you continue to work wonderful little reminders of your love into their lives, and place a hedge of protection over and around them in everything they do.

The Critters said...

How precious you are! And how good God has been! We are praising Him, thanking Him, giving Him the glory this holiday season that YES, He IS Emmanuel--what a joy to know that our Creator, is also our Redeemer; our Savior is also our Sustainer; our Lamb is also our Friend. WOW. May He continue to perfect in you and your family that work He started so long ago. To Him be the glory, great things He has done--and is doing! I love ya! deb

Custom Search