Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Home again (Alli update Tue)

This round of testing is complete, so we've returned home. Alli's blood work showed her CRP level has dropped to 9, so give God Glory. Her hematocrit level is also coming back up, another praise. We've settled in back home, best we could, and so far so good for Alli.
As before, God has been good to us. The EEG tech was awesome with Alli, and so caring. These 24 hr. EEGs usually take upwards of 2 wks to get back results, but he said he'd go ahead and read it today. I couldn't believe he was taking time out of his schedule like that for us. He seemed to really take a liking to Alli. He also has 4 children, so maybe it was just mercy as a fellow parent! Lord thank You for M.J.E. and the role you use him in to reach families for You.
Sadly, we did return home to find our oldest has been running fever. She's in one of "mom's homemade sick beds" on our couch feeling puney. Please pray this would not float throughout our family, kicking us while we're down.
I know I've said it before, but we so very much have appreciated each prayer and concern lifted up on our behalf. I know God hears. I see it in action each day. As much of a uncertain and sometimes frightening time as this has been, God has remained constant and has shown Himself to us each day of this asperity. As I've said before, I've seen "God things" from the very moment she fell. And they've continued each day since, sometimes in ways that only I would know it was a love note from God. The ones most recent? Something as simple as meatloaf and mashed potatoes I had planned to make shortly after the accident, but have not had time to. What did the hospital volunteer drop by my room yesterday? A plate of meatloaf and mashed potatoes! From who? You know my answer. And I could sit here endlessly naming ways God has shown up or slipped love notes to us while on this darkened journey. Many times a little love note just to say, yep, I'm still here, and yep, I'm paying attention. Like my hubby's associate newsletter that simply said, "Emmanuel, God with us. That is the message that we must keep alive during these difficult times." Wow. Or a very special blessing from my dear friends the T's, that just might obliviate a recent prayer request I had not even been able to find the words for.
God hears our prayers. And He truly hears the grownings of our hearts when we are without words. I must say I feel so incredibly unworthy of the Love pouring over me during this time. And I am forever humbled by this touch from the Master's Hand. And you all have been such a big part of this miracle in our lives through your prayers and support. God Bless you, and God return to you, in a mighty way, the love you have shown to us during this time.

2 comments:

Totallyscrappy said...

We've got a great, big wonderful God. A great, big wonderful God. A God who loves everyone of us; done so much for all of us. A great, big wonderful God...
(How many VBS songs does Judy have hidden in her heart??)
:)
Squeeze those girls.

Anonymous said...

I believe that God is relishing in the fact that you realize his love notes and that He will never leave nor forsake you. Also "I am the God that healeth thee." During my times of darkness sometimes I put on the contemporary Christian song by Natalie Grant..."I will not be moved" This seems to have become MY battle song lately. Stand on the word of God. It has to perform what He has said. I am glad to know that you are home. Thanks for keeping us posted. Alli is a very special child and MUST have a MIGHTY calling on her life. Hang on to the hem of His garment. He will get you through. Please let us know what we can do. May God open the windows of heaven over your family. In all of this give thanks....Our God is bigger. Sometimes it is not necessarily what we go through in these times but who others see working within and through us during these times. God gives us a peace that passes understanding if we trust in Him. Unbelievers don't know or understand that so God has to show it through us. Keep up the faith!!!

Custom Search