Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Attn Prayer Warriors (Alli update 11-07 Fri)

Calling all prayer warriors. Yesterday afternoon while grocery shopping, Alli had another episode, but this time it was much worse. It again started out with a little fussiness. Then set in the head grabbing and screaming "stop it, stop it". Then she began thrashing about and suddenly became very still. I started calling, "Alli, Alli, look at Mommy", and turned her face toward mine. She seemed to be looking through me. I waved my hands in front of her face, no response, not even a blink. I must confess I put my hand on her chest at that moment to be sure she was still with me. She was, so needless to say, we rushed out of the store, cell phone in ear trying to contact the doctors. They told me to take her straight to ER. After testing and lots of talking between ER and her out of town doctors, they told us her episodes were seizures. The MRI showed no hemorrhaging in the brain and blood tests did not indicate any internal bleeding. In a few days our doctors up state will be doing an EEG which is like an EKG of the heart, but instead it's of the brain. Hopefully this will tell them more about why she's having these and what we need to do in response to them. We would have had the testing today, but ER put her to sleep last night for their testing, and she must be sleep deprived for this upcoming test for the most accurate results. So now we're waiting on this med to work its way out of her system and in a few days will have the EEG testing unless she has another seizure before then, in which case we're to go ahead and travel up state to be admitted right away.
Each seizure has been more in severity, and yesterday, by far was the worst we had seen, really shaking me up for a bit. But now that we have a name for what's happening, I feel more at peace. We had a crash course in seizures last night that really opened my eyes to the different types and triggers of them. I had no idea there were such different levels of seizures, and such differing triggers for those who have them. I had always thought a seizure was a seizure and that was it. Now I feel better equipped with this new found knowledge and find peace in being educated on what to expect.
Depriving her of sleep the night before the test shouldn't be too difficult with her, but could prove interesting for us with such a long drive up the next morning. Pray for God's provision over us as we travel. Also, this means more time away from work for both of us. Please pray that both of our jobs will run smoothly while we have to be away, and especially for my hubby that there won't be a technology issues while he's out, plaguing him with calls and emails. He wants so badly to be there for Alli, but is pulled in so many directions between work and the ginhouse.
Amidst this difficult time, I was blessed to minister to another in need. I received an email asking me to pray for a man who fell about 20 ft. while building himself a "man cave". I must say I was so honored to pray over someone who is journeying on a path that I can pray for from the heart of one still in that valley. If for no other reason, I can say "thank you God" that I could pray with such an earnest heart for this family who is where I am, and that their tears could be my tears, that my prayers could be their prayers, knowing that God holds us in the shelter of His arms.
I can't tell you how many songs from days past have filled my heart over this past month. And how awesome to know that God knew way back when I heard them for the first time, that today I would draw strength and comfort from them. I cry at the drop of a hat these days, but not always of fear or sadness, but many times out of awe and wonder at how God could love us so much, and how we are precious in His sight. I have done nothing. Not one thing have I done that makes me worthy of what He's given us. My only worth, my amazing worth, is because the blood of Jesus, it cleanses me, it covers my wounds, and by His wounds, we are healed. And I can bow down before the Creator of all life and talk to Him, and Trust Him to hear from His Holy place, knowing that He's prepared the answer before I have even asked.
Yesterday before the seizure, we had went to look at handbags (this has a whole story of it's own where my bags are usually bigger than I am and I've made a commitment to my friend to consolidate the huge load I carry around). Anyway, I had in my mind I wanted to look for something with a Scripture on it so that I would not only carry my prized possessions on the inside, but also on the outside-His Holy Word. Of course, Satan's no fan of witnessing, and immediately plagued me with, "no that's not the Word I was thinking" or "wow, that's one loud bag". But as I searched thinking I was searching for Philippians 4:7, my all time favorite, another verse kept racing through my head so much to the point that I couldn't recall the words of the one I was searching for. But over and over, Proverbs 3:5 raced through my head..."Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding." I couldn't find it, but over and over it raced through my head. Little did I know what would soon take place and that I would once again, be using His Words to carry me when I could not walk. So if anyone ever sees a handbag with that verse on it, I don't care how loud the colors, call me! I will be on it like cream on corn! I never want to forget how strongly I have felt the Lord's presence since Oct 9, and I pray that my life will be a living prayer. For it's in these times of trials, we can truly see how good God is, how mighty His hand, how merciful His love, how tender His touch. And though you may pass by me and think that just I have walked past, oh no, for there is One who walks every step with me, and carries me when I have not the strength to stand.
Through trials, troubles, and cares
I know that Jesus, my Savior is there
Giving me Faith in darkest days
Keeping me on the narrow way
Jesus, Savior, help me each day
Fill me with hope, fill me with Faith
And darkness retreats at the touch of Your Hand
Jesus, Savior, help me to stand
(Courtesy of another great Alison with just one L, whose voice for the Lord played a big part in choosing our Alli's name.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I am the God that healeth thee". Remember to continue to stand on His word. We are praying for Alli. She is a miracle in progress. Your walk is your testimony. I really met you in tragedy but I have seen what a light for God that shines thru you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. May God truly bless you and your family. We are standing on His word for your miracle and healing!

Totallyscrappy said...

When my brother was being taken away by ambulance I knew how to pray, at least words came spilling out. (:)) The longer his ordeal lasted I "spun" during prayer times at a complete loss for words, resting in the certainty that the Holy Spirit makes intercession for us. I found it was a comfort for myself to pray for others.
You know I'm praying for the whole family. Squeeze those girls!

Custom Search