Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Alli update for M, T, W

(FYI: this sight plays music. Have your speakers on!)
Boy, I'm slacking, aren't I! Well, this is one of those times, when no news is good news, I guess. Monday Alli became upset when it was time to leave a visit to her aunt's house. Unfortunately, her resistance led to head pain. So we medicated her, she began starring, and in about 15-20 min., she was out. That was about 5:30. She didn't wake up until 8 am the next morning! And sadly, sitting at breakfast, she began crying of her head hurting, so we medicated again. After that, her Tuesday went quite well. She proudly walked in to help mommy vote, got her "I voted" sticker and skittles (our precinct is so sweet) and then told everyone she saw after that how she voted the fire trucks. A little off, we voted at the fire station where there are trucks. Heh, heh, vote for fire trucks! Sure, why not.
Today was our first day at school without the helmet, and sure enough, someone's shoe made contact with her forehead. I'm seriously considering reinstituting the helmet. I know the dr. said she should be fine at school without it, but preschool can be a rough place! I'll have to think on this one, and just maybe pull mommy rank.
I won't drone on about my feelings on the outcome of the election, but I will say this. Regardless of who man deems power to, rest assured, God is still on His Throne, and His will, in His way, will be carried out regardless of how we might try to interfere. We may not understand these recent events, and some may even frighten us, but as I have said before...Everything that comes to us has already gone before the Father. He knew this day before we were made. He knew we would be here today. And He has a plan, and a promise, to never leave nor forsake His people. So my friends, there was no perfect candidate, because the Name of Jesus Christ was not on the ballot. Now we must step forward, as a united people, and walk in the Truth. If we do that, we have no reason to fear what tomorrow may hold. Rest assured, God already knows what lies ahead, and His Name must be Glorified. If we keep our voices silent, then will the very rocks cry out. Praise His Name, for this is the day that the Lord hath made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it! For God is still God!

No comments:

Custom Search