Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Firsts...

What days we take for granted! Today my hubby's family had their first official get together since Nanny's accident. She was able to get a day pass from Rehab. and join us for dinner. Her recovery to this point has been nothing short of the miraculous work of the Hand of the Loving Father. I won't blab for hours, but I'll give you the highlights.
My hubby grilled italian marinated chicken tenderloins, and we had Grammy's crock pot, yes crock pot, macaroni. Of course there was more, but remember we're hitting the highlights!
Tomorrow marks the start of a new school year for us. Most of my girls are excited. Bug, on the other hand, is having apprehensions. In her words after orientation (I'll edit out the blubbering and running nose), "It's just all so different, and she's not there. Operative word:she. Bug's teacher last year became so much more than a teacher. She loved her so much, and her son was Bug's best friend. They recently moved away, and I don't think the reality of it fully hit Bug until she walked into that room the other night.
I must confess it's been hard for me too. Her teacher was my co-worker and had become one of my closest friends. I miss her terribly.
I'm a bit nervous for tomorrow too as I've been moved to an older age group. I'm excited and have had great fun getting my classroom ready, but I'm nervous about that "first day of school", hoping I will remember which kids go with which parents in car line! We may have to break out the name tags in the morning! :)

2 comments:

Totallyscrappy said...

Oh, how I miss my little Bug! Sammy misses her, too.
I must tell you, however, some preschool kissing girl has gotten her lips onto my boy! I keep reminding him that he needs to save his kisses for ME!

Totallyscrappy said...

Did I mention that I miss my friend? :)

Custom Search