Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Punch for the Southern...

Okay guys! I need your help!

I grew up not enjoying punch. Really. We didn't even have it at our winter time wedding. Yup, we sat around sipping down lemonade in the dead of winter. Yes friends, you have officially arrived in the South. Any questions?
Now over the past few years, I've learned to appreciate the kick punch brings (must be that influence from my lutheran friend), and the fact that it's filled with things great for fending off a cold (per my mother-in-law). Well now, I've got a scrathy throat starting. So off I marched and bought ginger ale, pineapple juice, hawaiin punch , and frozen orange juice. Now I know that at least some of these ingredients go together to make a tasty sipping treat. But I have no idea which ones or how much of what.
So here's your good deed for the day. Click comments below and send me some great punch recipes, but no cranberries please. And hurry, before my hubby drinks all the pineapple juice!

3 comments:

Totallyscrappy said...

That is the beauty of punch! It doesn't have to be an exact amount and just about anything can go in. Mix it the way you like it! A little of this... a little of that...
As for your Lutheran friend... she's actually never spiked a punch bowl!
At Jim's funeral luncheon they served a punch that had white grape juice and apple juice. It wasn't pink or red! Whoo... we always like a punch that isn't going to stain.
At one church I worked at they served this wonderful punch. I asked the ladies for the recipe and they showed me that it was just a jug of FRUIT PUNCH from Kroger. LOL!
Ooh, I do have a terrific mocha punch. You know I don't care for coffee, but that stuff has enough ice cream in it to be fabulous. Let me see if I can find that recipe.

Totallyscrappy said...

Here's the mocha punch. It is from Southbreezefarm.blogspot.com

6 C. water
½ C. Nestle's Quik (chocolate, of course)
½ C. sugar
1/3 C. instant coffee
½ gallon vanilla ice cream
½ gallon chocolate ice cream

Boil water in 3-qt. saucepan. Remove from heat, add Quik, sugar and instant coffee, and stir until dissolved. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Thirty minutes before serving, pour into punch bowl and add ice cream scoops. Stir it up and enjoy.

Totallyscrappy said...

Okay. I've got nothing now that your voice is gone! Lots of tea? That is usually what I do.
As for the toe ring... it really is almost like it isn't there. Unlike that little plastic thing between the toes...
The pool was my sil's cousin's house. They invited us over a few weeks back. Explains the kids that don't look like mine, huh?
But, then again, Miami does really feel like perpetual spring break. You should come visit. :)
I really miss me a certain little girl... Sam, does too.
What am I talking about... I miss all of you! When are you commmmmiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg?

Custom Search