Custom Search

Philippians 1:6

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Taking a wrong turn in life...

Sorry to get off track of Alli updates, but I just had to share something. I had an amazing opportunity to go to The Billy Graham Training Center (The Cove) in Asheville, NC this past weekend. First I will say that is one place I think everyone should go at least once in their life. But this post isn't so much about The Cove. It was about the journey to get there.
My old woman friend (a whole 'nother story of silly phrases my 6 yr old has spread through her school) and I set out to travel to The Cove. We had our directions and felt good about where we were going. My sweet "left us for FL friend" over at mudpiestodragonflies called just as we were boarding the interstate. Mind you, E's driving and I'm holding the directions. Do you see a problem arising? No? I'll continue. Being excited since we haven't talked in months, I happily begin trying to talk to this long distance friend. I say "trying" because I have always had trouble understanding this friend on the phone, even when she lived locally. The low talker... Anyway, as usual, after a bit, our call is disconnected and I resume to navigating. This is when dear sweet E who had been saying, "Oh yeah, I know that place" and "I've been through here" amidst my challenging phone conversation, then reported, "This doesn't feel right." I look up to see, "Charlotte next 5 exits". "Umm, E, what road are we on?" "I-85" "E, we were never supposed to be on I-85". That's right friends, we had been riding for hours on the wrong interstate! Aren't we precious?
As you see, we did later reach our destination and honestly had some great times on the way, including stopping for gas in a town that obviously didn't know that The Dukes of Hazzard is not a reality show. This is what memories are made of! And you know, the same is true in life. Sometimes we travel along on unexpected paths. But rest assured, wherever we are, God is, and we've been put right where we are because God is going to use it to do something amazing, if we'll just let Him.
God Bless and happy traveling! We're closer than ever and blame no one (cough cough FL friend cough cough).

1 comment:

Totallyscrappy said...

Hahahaha! Bahawhaha! Hoot! Hoot! Bahawaaaaa!

Custom Search